Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

To Publish or Not to Publish

One of the hardest decisions I have to make on a daily basis is whether to work on my current book title list or whether to center most of my time on upcoming titles - whether that means actually editing a manuscript, or just formatting, converting and uploading to retail sites, or posting sales and other deals for my backlist titles on my social networks.  Of course, if you are an author who is waiting for your first (or next) title to come out, you most likely will vote for me to continue working on my PRODUCTION SCHEDULE.  But if you have had your book published recently - or not so recently - you may prefer that I work on listing your book(s) at another retailer or converting it to a new format.

And of course, I also have to work on keeping the website updated, answer emails, work with authors on creating covers for new titles and formatting those books that are scheduled to go into print, on top of numerous other things that crop up unexpectedly throughout the day.

So please be patient with me; I have not forgotten any of you... at least not intentionally.  If you've requested that I do something for you - such as adding a new review to the website or sending your book out to be reviewed in the first place, or sending you an order form, it's okay to send me a quick reminder to make sure I haven't forgotten.  Just know that every request I receive from you is important, but that I still have to prioritize some things over others.

No comments:

Post a Comment